Monday 14 March 2011

Realisation that my research is beginning to travel into new directions...

After having reviewed the research undertaken on this blog so far, I have realised that the craft of clothes production is really what I am interested in and how this operates both with people who have migrate to Manchester from South Asia and inhabitants of Manchester. I came to this conclusion shortly after the workshop where we constructed pieces out of recycled sari fabrics.
The idea that a lot of the work produced by craft artists has been created out of recycled clothing an this whole revival of sewing your own garments and customising old clothes to give them a modern twist really made a lot of sense to me and the project. It was staring at me in the face all the time. My grandfather’s textile factory which produced items of clothing is where my research began and I suppose this was always an underlying theme of my inerest in textiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment